We're currently recruiting a mid to senior iOS Developer to help us with the development and maintenance of mobile applications.
What does the job involve?
Your primary focus will be the development of consumer facing iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Swift code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
What we're looking for:
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDK and all of its components
- Understanding of design patterns & SOLID principles
- Experience in developing consumer facing, high-performance iOS applications using Swift and Objective-C
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Understanding of iOS design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 382,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £72.8 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more