Lead Hot Gas Path Thermal Analysis Engineer
A01242 GE Gas Turbines (Greenville) L.L.C.
Sorry, but it’s closed
Job Description SummaryThe individual will be responsible for the thermal and flow analysis, for one or more hot gas path components, including blades, nozzles and shrouds in our industrial gas turbines. This includes designing the cooling circuits to ensure all pertinent temperature and flow targets are met. The individual will be involved in the analysis of these components across the full life cycle of the product, including uprates and field issue resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out thermal and flow analysis for heavy duty gas turbine stationary and rotating airfoils and shrouds under direct guidance of a technical leader and in compliance with published Design Templates and Design Practices.
- Perform thermal analysis using GE’s suite of in-house tools in accordance with established design practices.
- Support installed fleet by addressing product cost out and root cause analysis, when needed.
- Document, report and review results with peers, component owners and leadership.
- Bachelors degree in relevant (Mechanical, Aerospace or comparable) Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, with limited to no daily oversight
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Use of Thermal analysis software, Ansys, CFD, and/or flow network software.
- Demonstrated understanding of heat transfer design methods, gas turbine systems and aerodynamics.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Understanding of internal GE Power business processes, organizational roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and draft plans to meet them.
- Demonstrated Design for Six Sigma Quality Focus and probabilistic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE employees only)
- Positive "can do" attitude.
- NOTE: this is a remote role, can be worked from anywhere in the U.S.
- Colorado: The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,,000 . The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available benefits include health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No