At HUMAN, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
The Platform Engineering team's mission is to improve the leveraging of other HUMAN employees to protect the Internet. We deliver tools and products that act as a platform for the rest of engineering and detection to focus and deliver on their missions more efficiently.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer join our Cloud Infrastructure arm of this team to help us identify, plan, build, and deliver the most impactful projects to drive our mission.
What you'll do:
- Write code for backends (Golang/Python), front-ends (VueJS), deployment scripts (Bash/Python), cloud infrastructure (Terraform), and system configurations (Bash)
- Use knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores to persist data appropriately for different systems and use-cases
- Collaborate with teammates in technical discussions, documentation and code reviews
- Participate in an on-call rotation for team-owned systems
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure alignment of work
- Deliver software that enables critical internal processes, such as continuous deployment, bot fraud investigation and data ingestion and processes
Who you are:
- You love learning, leading by example, and making people’s lives easier!
- You reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously.
- You are open, collaborative, and clear in how you work.
- Have both breadth and depth of software engineering expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills, especially when talking about code and systems.
Benefits & Perks:
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Extraordinary coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Life at HUMAN:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.