*Internal Applicants Preferred*
BCA Financial Services, Inc is looking for a full-time Patient Account Team Lead for our Extended Business Office department. The primary focus of the Team Lead is to assist and support Patient Account Representatives consistent with the philosophy, policies, procedures and goals of the company and clients we serve. As a Patient Account Team Lead you will handle escalated calls, provide coaching and report to leadership, and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Employee is expected to work within the core departmental hours of 8am to 7pm (EST).
You must live in one of the following states to be eligible for a remote opportunity: FL, SC, NC, GA, TX, TN or VA.
- Perform all functions as assigned to the Patient Account Representative
- Actively monitor employee work efforts and provide meaningful and constructive feedback to leadership as to areas of opportunity; provide assistance to staff through demonstration
- Participate in the collection process, observing activity by working among staff; performs active and passive observation sessions and assisting staff in difficult communications with patients and health insurance companies. Take immediate action as necessary and within the guidelines set force within this job description, to promote the highest levels of customer service, compliance, productivity, and quality.
- Coach, mentor and motivate employees to success
- Monitor department production and recovery metrics and assist employees in meeting assigned goals
- Discuss job performance opportunities with employees in order to identify best practices and to enhance service delivery
- Make recommendations to management concerning quality of service
- Assist with departmental meetings and with initiatives and recognition strategies
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of, and comply with, the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Florida Commercial and Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other statutes, laws and regulations pertinent to the collection industry as well as industries served. Ensure the same level of compliance among staff
- Incorporate the company's values into all business and staff development practices and all departmentally directed activities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year collection experience within a healthcare receivables environment
- Strong working knowledge of the health care revenue cycle
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, analytical, and organizational skills
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with emphasis in MS Word and MS Excel
Salary & Benefits
- Monday through Friday work schedule
- Work from home
- Rewarding career opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with a company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive interactive training programs to keep your skills sharp and advance your career
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer