Affirm’s Machine Learning team solves problems critical to Affirm’s business model - personalizing shopping experiences, detecting fraud, and assessing creditworthiness in real time. Our innovative products necessitate the creation of novel machine learning solutions to drive both existing and new products.
What you'll do
- Use Affirm’s data to develop machine learning models that optimize decision making in fraud and underwriting
- Build models that create a two-sided, recommendations-driven Affirm marketplace
- Research ground breaking solutions and develop prototypes that drive the future of decisioning at Affirm
- Implement data pipelines, new features, and algorithms that are essential to our production models
- Collaborate with the engineering, credit, and product teams to define requirements for new products
- Evaluate new data sources to use in a cost-effective way in our models to add value
What we look for
- B.S. with 5+ years of industry experience, M.S. with 3+ years, or PhD with 2+ years
- Proficiency in machine learning with experience in areas such as gradient boosting, decision trees, regression, and unsupervised learning
- Strong programming skills in a scientific computing language such as Python. Experience using frameworks for machine learning and data science like scikit-learn, pandas, numpy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the capability to drive cross-functional requirements with product and engineering teams
- The ability to present technical concepts and results in an audience-appropriate way
- Persistence and patience and a great sense of responsibility - we create the decisioning that drives the business!