Android Engineer - Freemium Mission
Sorry, but it’s closed
About this job
Location options: Remote, Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Mobile Developer
Industry: Media, Music, podcasts
Company size: 5k-10k people
Company type: Public
android, java, mobile, kotlin
Job descriptionWe are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded Android engineers to join our team and help build an application that people use every day to discover and listen to music. You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music. The teams We are currently hiring in 3 of our teams in this department. One of those works on Spotify Lite, a lightweight version of the Spotify app which is available in 42 markets across Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.. This team focuses a lot on optimizing for application size and data consumption of the application. The second team is working on exploring and refining our premium product offering, especially in emerging markets. Finally the third team is working to create unique and memorable experiences to drive deeper fan and creator connections, most notably Spotify Clips. Our teams work across multiple platforms and work with Machine Learning to bring the most relevant content to our users.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Spotify Android client
- Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Spotify
- Flexibility to work from home/remotely!
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java and Kotlin.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
- Open source experience is a huge plus!
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours