LMI is seeking a Senior Developer to join the software development team of our Digital Solutions group. This position can be worked out of our San Antonio, TX or McLean, VA offices, or remotely.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and generous tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
- Work with a team of LMI software developers and domain experts to design and develop data-intensive, web-based applications in support of multiple federal agencies using the Microsoft .NET framework and SQL Server.
- Perform software development activities including requirements gathering and analysis, systems design, development, documentation, testing and integration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum B.S. in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience with an emphasis on full lifecycle systems development including system design, development, and maintenance/support.
- Strong demonstrated experience in web development using ASP.NET and C# with the Web Forms and MVC models.
- Strong demonstrated experience working with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016) and developing database-driven .NET applications.
- Experience using ASP.NET UI controls, 3rdparty web application UI controls (e.g.Telerik, etc), and AJAX technologies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance, for which one must be a US citizen.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with federal healthcare agencies and programs, specifically Health and Human Services (HHS) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- Familiar with health IT standards (e.g., HL7, DICOM, IHE, HITSP.) and federal security standards (NIST, DIACAP) strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience using agile software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Design (TDD). Familiar with developing tests using NUnit and using tools such as Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience using Object Role Models (ORM) such as the Entity Framework / LINQ to SQL.
- Experience with Distributed Source Control tools such as Git or Mercurial.
- Familiar with Design Patterns (implementation and explanation).
- Familiar with developing reports using SQL-Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data using Microsoft Access, Excel, or other tools.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and third party OLAP and data analysis tools.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers.
- Experience working in a consultant/client environment.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.