Senior Scrum Master - Data & Analytics
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieving what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location where you are permitted to work from. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in-person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
We will support you in case you would like to relocate to Germany.
The mission of our Data & Analytics group is to enable high decision quality at Jimdo by empowering everyone to make data-informed decisions in a timely manner.
Your mission is to enable the Data & Analytics scrum teams to provide top-quality data products in a repeatable, predictable and sustainable way. At JIMDO, we value not only our processes and product but also our teams -- and your goal will be to help create an environment that ensures that our team members are satisfied, happy and productive.
- You will support 2 - 3 Data & Analytics scrum teams using Agile methodology and scrum process
- You will coach 2- 3 Data & Analytics scrum and development teams in self-organization
- You will coordinate the efforts of all 5 Data & Analytics teams to remove impediments and communicate status
- You will ensure consistency of Scrum process across all 5 Data & Analytics teams
- You will help product owners and teams to achieve customer satisfaction
- You will help the scrum and development teams continuously improve Scrum process through reflection and incremental change
- You will assist in the resolution of conflicts
- You will help the scrum teams achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- You will support all product owners and provide education where needed
- You will advise and support product owners and others who may need Agile alternatives to scrum (ex. Kanban, etc.)
- You will provide education and support in using JIRA and other tools related to scrum practice
- You are an expert in JIRA
- You have worked at a startup or mid-sized investor-funded company and have the ability to understand the larger business picture and adapt appropriately to a rapidly changing environment
- You have experience facilitating remote-first, global scrum teams
- You are a team player who can analyze situations and think quickly to resolve conflict
- You can determine what is scrum and what is not and whether or not this is important in a given situation
- You can demonstrate experience in using techniques to identify and fill in gaps in the scrum process
- You understand when and how to apply other Agile methodologies when appropriate
- You have strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- You are self-motivated and comfortable taking action in ambiguous situations
- You are able to prioritize your own work, communicate your intentions, and execute against your goals
- You are a creative thinker who enjoys collaborating with teams to find process solutions to business challenges
Nice to have
- You have at least 8 years experience as a Scrum Master and participating in Scrum of Scrums meetings
- You have at least 5 years managing 2+ simultaneous scrum teams
- You have experience with Kanban, Lean and/or XP
- You have experience as an Agile Coach
- You have experience working with Data and Analytics teams
- You have Safe 5 Scrum Master certification
Paula would be happy to receive your application.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.