The UK’s number 1 Telecoms best company to work for, number 2 best mid-sized company to work for, and Sunday Times TechTrack winner is looking for an experienced, mid/senior-level PHP Developer to join our growing team of remote developers.
Your primary focus will be helping the backend team maintain our existing code base of server-side scripts, cron jobs, and working on existing/new APIs to assist the front-end team.
What's on Offer
This is a fully remote position offering a competitive salary, great benefits, and the opportunity to join one of the most exciting companies in the UK.
- Maintain range existing systems (cron jobs, Gearman tasks, APIs)
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable PHP code
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of PHP 5.6/7
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Integration of external data sources (MySQL/Redis/Azure Blob Storage)
- Experience of long running scripts (i.e. cron/message queues)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git