Provide quality leadership to Tier 2 and below Automotive and Commercial Vehicle suppliers by serving as liaison between BorgWarner and their supply base on quality deliverables and expectations. Facilitate strategies for Work closely and support the BorgWarner Supply Chain. Lead communications that insure BorgWarner cross functional team alignment with respect to Suppliers. Work with Suppliers and our internal teams to ensure compliance of incoming material to, Customer Specific (CSR), drawing and design requirements and ensure the flow of quality product into the BorgWarner facilities. Facilitate change management requests from Customers BorgWarner and our Suppliers. Conduct business with Suppliers and Customers in professional manner that facilitate a positive customer experience and establishes goodwill between BorgWarner, our Suppliers, and our Customers.
Work closely with BorgWarner Supply Chain to achieve world class cost, quality, and delivery from our Suppliers.
***This position can be located out of Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, or Indiana remote working from home. Relocation will not be provided for this position. Business Travel is required 60% and paid by BorgWarner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supplier Corrective Action Review – 30%
- Resolve series production quality concerns through effective SCAR and 8D including:
- Short notice risk containment, management and minimization at supply side.
- Troubleshoot problems on existing processes at suppliers.
- Create and resolution of series quality notifications
- Provide rapid response to major supplier issues that would halt production
- Cost recovery for all scrap, internal and third-party sorting activities.
Supplier Continuous Improvement – 25%
- Initiate and Track Suppliers Continuous Improvement Activities
- Work closely with Suppliers to improvement Suppliers processes with the focus of eliminating waste and driving non-value-added cost out of the Suppliers system
- Employ Value Engineering/Value/Analysis, VIP’s, Kaizen, Lean Deployment and/or Six Sigma methodologies to drive waste/cost out of the Supply Chain.
- Responsible for improving poor performing suppliers bases on quality and delivery scorecard reviewed on monthly basis
Supplier APQP/PPAP Submission – 40%
- Review and make disposition on Supplier PPAP submissions
- Support in supplier sourcing process for new programs or resourcing
- Ensure smooth launch for new programs by following AIAG APQP process.
- Assure PPAP timing remains on time and meets Launch timing objectives
- Update/communicate PPAP timing to Launch Team members
- Coordinate special characteristics (S.C). identification via cross-functional Team approach and ensure Supplier conformance to S.C. requirements
- Responsible for ensuring quarterly S.C. data is received from Suppliers and entered the S.C. database
- Responsible for ensuring all PPAP requirements are met and documentation is up to date and on file for components within assigned commodities
Supplier Quality Management – 5%
- Conduct Supplier Quality Training at Suppliers facilities to meet Client’s and/or Customer’s specific Quality expectations/requirements
- Host Supplier Quality Training Sessions at Client’s manufacturing facilities
- Conduct Supplier Audits of Implemented Corrective Actions Plans, Special Characteristics and SPC Charts
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
- Travel is required, up to 60% of the time.
- ***This position can be located out of Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, or Indiana remote working from home. Relocation will not be provided for this position. Business Travel is required 60% and paid by BorgWarner.
Safety and Physical Requirements:
- All employees are responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the safety policies and procedures.
- Wear PPE when appropriate in designated campus areas.
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Conflict Management
- Ethics and Values
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical quality support, interaction with different levels of management of clients is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Automotive, Automotive Systems, or technical field is required.
- Able to demonstrate ability to navigate complex organizational matrix and effective communication skills.
- Trained Auditor (IATF16949 preferred)
- Strong understanding and experience of working to IATF16949 and ISO9000 standards.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of core quality tools including: Process control plans, process flow diagrams, FMEA, MSA, SPC.
- Product and process knowledge of Manufacturing to Automotive, Aerospace tolerances.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (preferred).
- Ability to travel.
- Proficient, experienced and knowledgeable APQP processes and PPAP requirements.
- Strong Statistical and analytical proficiency.
- Proficient of automotive problem-solving tools (8D, 5 Why, Ishikawa analysis, Six Sigma, etc.) required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab, Infinity, or, equivalent system.
Equipment and Applications needed
- Cell phone
- Mini-tab (application)
- Team Center (application)
- Visio (application)
- Qlik (application)
- ICE (8Ds)
- Customer portals
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Internal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.