Business Analytics Analyst III
AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Sorry, but it’s closed
Operating CompanyAFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
Our company is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. If you are in search of a new challenge and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every new job opportunity is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your new journey by reviewing and applying for new job opportunities you are interested in!
Job ID:R23343 Business Analytics Analyst III (Open)
Summary:Job Family Summary Provides analytics services to the business. Develops new insights and understands the business performance based on data and statistical methods. Analyzes business results, external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Typically uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and fact-based management to drive decision making.
This position will support the legal divisions including litigation, government affairs/compliance and corporate legal.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field
- Leads others to solve complex problems
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional data/analytics teams or projects
- Works with business partners in the development and delivery of key performance analysis and reporting.
- Builds and maintains various models used to project business results; enhances the model where there is business value in adjusting the models.
- Ensures analysis and reporting accuracy and integrity and explains performance drivers and provides insights into performance trends.
- Creates, executes and maintains forecasting models; speaks to the underlying assumptions and inter-workings of the model used to create the forecast.
- Communicates findings to various stakeholders and leadership with recommendations for actions to address business changes, trends, and issues.
- Evaluates, designs, tests and maintains data/analytics systems and make recommendations for new tools and system enhancements.
- Develops, tests, and deploys complex automated reporting solutions and automated decision analytics to replace manual business processes.
- Develop and defines standard analytics and reporting governance and communication and ensures adherence to standards.
- Provides business analysis, tool, and technique expertise.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Solid knowledge and understanding of forecasting techniques or statistical analysis or data modeling or data mining
- Demonstrated experience utilizing software tools to query and report data
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of standard reporting software packages and best practices for report deployment processes
- Demonstrated experience communicating/presenting complex and independent concepts and unbiased fact-based decision-making and financial performance
- Demonstrated experience developing complex data sets for wide-spread use
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Additional Job Information
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- Relocation assistance is available
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Tableau, Looker, SQL, Python and Trifacta
- Background using legal or claims data a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding using financial data, building cost models, etc. strongly preferred