QA Analyst (Remote opportunity available)
Sorry, but it’s closed
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk is looking for a QA Analyst on our Quality team to ensure that our products continue to be “category killers”. We are looking for a QA analyst with strong attention to detail, prior experience as a QA Analyst, a recent graduate of computer science (or junior programmer) or IT looking to break into the enterprise space. They will need the skills to build and improve test cases, including automation, and to evaluate, analyze, and perform quality assurance testing. If you are looking to join a team that is vital to the success of a market leader, this is the perfect opportunity for you. No prior product or industry knowledge is required – we can train you on that, but you must be great at core QA competencies and testing software.
What you’ll do on the job:
- Design and improve how we write, store, update, and run test cases
- Write test cases, including automation
- Run test cases to certify builds, new features, etc.
- Join the Development’s agile team, attend their stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.
- Get assigned to stories
- Write, run, and automate test cases
- Generate test data
- Find and log defects
- Confirm and sign off on defect fixes
- Certify and sign off on releases
- Evaluate usability and functionality
- Perform a variety of types of tests, such as performance, security, functional, integrated, UI, etc.
- Experience at a Technology company a plus
- Agile experience and/or certifications a plus
- Education in IT or Computer Science desirable
- JIRA experience
- Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber experience desirable
- Excellent Communication skills (written and spoken) in English a must
- Programming knowledge, particularly SQL, experience desirable
- Time management, multi-tasking, managing competing priorities
- Experience scheduling internal and external meetings, using video conferencing, and running phone meetings
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Education: College preferred
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: UT – Lehi
- Years of Experience: 2-3
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.