Job TitleSenior Technical Project Manager
Senior Technical Project Manager
For over 20 years we have connected people with their passions, products with engaged customers, and our multi-channel clients—including some of the world’s largest consumer brands—with innovative marketing programs.
We believe great technology empowers organizations. At Synapse, we're using technology to reinvent subscription and consumer relationships, and building creative products that impact millions of people.
Stamford, CT candidates preferred, but we are open to remote accommodations for the right person. Must be able to work EST / EDT time zone hours.
Remote available in these states based on candidate’s location: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, ID, IL, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX
Offices in Los Angeles, CA and Stamford, CT. Synapse Group, Inc. is a Meredith company.
Opportunity for Impact
- If you are obsessed and excited about providing an amazing Agile environment for your teams and you want to bring the technical to Technical Project Manager, then this is the role for you!
- The three teams have a total of 25+ onshore and offshore folks who build websites and integrations with partners and clients to grow our business, build our marketing experience management system to control the core of what we do, and build great customer care tools and portals for our customers
- You'll work with an exceptional group of engineering managers, software engineers, QA, product managers, operations, and other technical project managers to take the business to the next level
- This is a mature organization that is also in the midst of a transformation. You'll be able to have an impact throughout the organization by advocating for and implementing meaningful change
Role and Responsibilities (What You'll Do)
- Leverage your expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure the team delivers extraordinary results – focusing on creating value, continuous improvement and collaboration
- Strive to thoroughly understand customer, business, stakeholder and engineering needs to facilitate solutions to meet those needs
- Build real partnerships among team members and throughout the company
- Help define the team's vision, strategy and roadmap
- Harness the Agile process to ensure priorities are met, while focusing, empowering and coaching the teams to success
- Maintain excellent software development processes including Agile best practices such as release planning, estimation, daily meeting, problem management, risk management, and retrospectives
- Manage cross functional company initiatives of all sizes and complexity from end to end
- Resolve obstacles through strong partnerships, data driven judgement, clear action plans, and creative problem solving
- Support project metrics, analytics and reporting
Professional Qualifications (What You Have)
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile software practices such as Kanban, Scrum, or other Agile methodologies
- You have a strong track record of project management success on complex technology projects
- You are able to understand high-level technical discussions and contribute meaningfully
- You listen, communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, and facilitate solutions with actionable plans
- You have strong analytical skills and are results-driven
- You care deeply about customers, technology, process, and quality
- You love developing and growing people and have demonstrated the ability to do so
- You have people management experience or are interested in learning
- You know many of these technologies and are eager to learn the rest quickly – Jira, Aha!, Confluence, and other relevant project management tools
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
Personal Characteristics (Who You Are)
- Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- High energy, accountable, and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- Results oriented, tenacious, but with the ability to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches – knowing when it matters and when it doesn’t
- Both accepting of other people’s ideas and confident in your own
- Values integrity, humility, creativity, open-mindedness, collaboration, creating value and continuous improvement
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing Meredith.Human.Resources@meredith.com.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees#NMG#