At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Manager – Security Project Management & Identity Governance is responsible to envision, architect, deploy, and manage an Identity and Access Management (IAM) program and other IT security and technology programs for Eisai’s United States region. Reporting directly to the Senior Director, IT Security, Compliance, & Network, who oversees IT security, privacy, quality, governance, and network, this Senior Manager will design, deliver, and manage strategic, innovative security technologies that meet the needs of Eisai’s evolving threat landscape.
First, the Senior Manager will plan, implement, and oversee the Identity and Access Management program, which involves deploying technology platforms and tools in alignment with Eisai’s IT user access strategy, business requirements, and life cycle. The Senior Manager will participate in the development of IAM strategies and roadmaps and translate them into successfully delivered projects. This role also includes ongoing analyses and assessments of access and control risks to proactively identify and mitigate potential security threats.
Second, once the IAM program is operationalized, the Senior Manager – Security Project Management & Identity Governance will manage other IT risk, control, and technology business capabilities that have been identified for implementation.
Serving as a key leader, liaison, and IT security expert for the department, the Senior Manager – Security Project Management & Identity Governance works with and communicates across all levels of IT business stakeholders throughout the program life cycle. Stakeholders include the Commercial and Clinical groups, senior executives, and Eisai’s external partners and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). This role also has substantial global management involvement with our Tokyo headquarters and the EMEA, China, and India regions.
- Develops the strategic approach for IAM and other programs within the scope of the Senior Manager’s responsibility.
- Develops mission statements, defines business objectives, and creates strategic and stakeholder engagement plans for programs.
- Leads global teams to architect, design, enable, manage, and maintain IAM and other programs that are fully integrated with Eisai’s business processes. Responsibilities include working with internal stakeholders, customers, and external partners to define and integrate business requirements. For IAM programs, requirements include provisioning, deprovisioning, and other aspects of user access management and control.
- Assesses the ongoing operational needs of the business and service issues for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develops framework for selecting the best external partners and cybersecurity solution tools that align with Eisai’s IT cybersecurity strategy and program needs.
- Establishes key relationships with all levels of IT business stakeholders, external vendors, and Eisai’s MSPs to develop and manage IAM and other cybersecurity programs as applicable.
- Develops enterprise wide standards, IAM policies, and related SOPs.
- Consults with business units when implementing user roles for new systems.
- Leads program governance activities via regular status reports to management and executive leadership. Reports include schedule, scope, budget, milestone progress, risk, and vendor management updates.
Work Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration or equivalent experience relevant to this position.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience required.
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 regulatory standards and ISO 27001/27002 information security management system standards and controls.
- 5+ years in IT Security, 3+ years in identity and access management.
- Experience in IT program management. Includes defining mission, setting objectives in alignment with stakeholders, and driving business outcomes.
- Solid experience in risk-based approach and management principles. Includes best practice IT risk assessments, control analyses, and mitigation plans to operationalize optimal risk mitigated solutions.
Domain Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and competency working with MSPs. Includes implementation of security strategies, critical technical functions, and creating and tracking key performance indicators in MSP environments.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Experience leading teams in a global environment.
- Strong negotiation skills. Influential thinker who proactively evaluates options, is prepared, and engenders shared trust, purpose, and integrity in negotiations.
- Proven external partner full life cycle project management collaboration experience.
Communication, Organization and issues Resolution Skills
- Excellent organization skills. Strong ability to multi-task and identify priorities, work with cross-functional global teams, and execute on schedule while managing long term strategic vision.
- Analytical, solution focused problem solver who takes ownership and is driven by a sense of exigency and keen attention to detail to execute successfully under time and resource pressures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to tailor content and messaging to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical. Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
Eisai Core Values
- Embodies and consistently demonstrates Eisai’s company core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, and Human Health Care mission (hhc).
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Pharmaceutical industry GxP quality guidelines, SOX and JSOX regulations.
- CISSP, CISM certification(s) or equivalent, relevant certification from a recognized association such as SANS, ISC2, or ISACA.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Knowledge of network protocols and operating systems.
- Knowledge of eDiscovery process (including legal holds) and workflow.
- Global responsibilities in a multinational company and experience working with Japanese culture.
Eisai requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under state law. This requirement is a condition of employment at Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition (including pregnancy-related), or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information: