Software Engineer II
Xtend Healthcare LLC
Sorry, but it’s closed
Xtend Healthcare LLC
The Software Engineer II will actively participate in intermediate-level, moderately complex coding, testing and research for small and medium assignments. This includes documentation of methods, and coding, testing, correcting, and revising applications/programs. Key skills will include application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development.
THIS IS A REMOTE - WORK FROM HOME POSITION.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, code, debug, test, document and maintain moderately complex applications software.
- Write unit test plans and perform test runs.
- Provide support for your solutions, including analysis, issue tracking and resolution. Take pro-active ownership of support tasks and see them through to completion.
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization. Work within project timelines and budgets. Be able to organize own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule
- Design, develop, and maintain applications using C#, ASP.NET Core, and SQL Server (2012 or newer)
- May perform small to moderate degree of business analysis and/or technical analysis.
2. Project/Release Activities
- Participate in design sessions and assist with design for small to medium projects.
- Attend project/release meetings to learn and understand process.
- May lead small projects.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum education may substitute.
- 3+ years overall IT experience or OR additional equivalent education above the required minimum experience may substitute.
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- Experience with unit testing and refactoring
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean Development Environment: Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Knowledge of frontend and backend development using Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technologies
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
- Ability to design and build REST JSON APIs
- Ability to work with Task-based or Inductive User Interface design
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools like TeamCity, Azure DevOps
- Familiar with Message Queueing Systems, e.g. RabbitMQ, MSMQ
- Knowledge of Entity Framework
- Ability to work with relational database concepts, and n-tier application design
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and has the ability to quickly grasp business needs and issues quickly
- Strong oral and written skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently
- Subject to in-person supervision during working hours
- In-person interaction with co-workers and supervisors
- Regular attendance during scheduled business hours
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.