BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
- Manages Data Science and Operational Excellence department projects
- Ensures projects are managed on time within budget, with quality and with sufficient resources
- Point of contact for other departments who wish to initiate projects ensuring there is project alignment without duplication
- Provides regular metrics and risk register to DSOE Leadership
Essential Functions of the job:
- Capture all projects in one central location for tracking and management
- Provides project management for R and Spotfire Programming, Clinical Data Engineering, Process Development, Training, Competitive Intelligence, RBQM, Data Warehouse, Standards Development and Compliance projects.
- Provides regular updates on project status including risks sharing with potential mitigation strategies
- Communicates cross functionally to ensure understanding of department projects in other functions
- May review other departments projects for overlap, impact, and consistency
- Not expected
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a health-related or science field preferred
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology project management
- Understanding of clinical data collection, programming, and analysis
- Excellent experience working in cross-functional team-oriented environments
- Understanding of ICH and regulatory environment as it pertains to Statistics and Data Science
- Working knowledge of one or more EDC systems, SAS and R preferred
- No significant travel expected
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.