At Bioclinica, as a member of the Data & Analytics team, the role of the Senior Data Warehouse Software Engineer is to focus on digital data asset transformation & industry leadership of the Bioclinica product offerings. The Senior Data Warehouse (D/W) Software Engineer utilizes their analytical, data acumen, technical skills/expertise to integrate data from disparate source systems to create & support the Bioclinica enterprise data warehouse within the Centralized Bioclinica Data Store (BDS) platform. This hands-on team member participates in projects that deliver solutions into production. This D/W Software Engineer is the technical subject matter expert (SME) on the Snowflake data platform, the source systems data to be integrated, Informatica PowerCenter, and integrating source/master data from the Reltio MDM platform to build the Bioclinica enterprise centralized and virtual data warehouse including other downstream consuming systems. This SME develops custom data acquisition & movement ELT/ETL software utilizing the Informatica PowerCenter platform, and all associated Snowflake API’s. This Senior D/W Software Engineer works with product management, business, data architects, product engineering and QA/Validation colleagues to analyze, architect, design, code, test, deliver and support ELT/ETL coded features/functions which power our D/W platform, and integration services. This D/W SME resource will work to analyze business needs of enterprise source & master data, conduct detailed data analysis of source system data, work with product teams to integrate data into Snowflake and/or Reltio MDM, create D/W processing rules, load Snowflake virtual data warehouses and more. This D/W Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality, validity, and business viability of the Bioclinica Data Store Platform. The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer is additionally responsible for providing L3/L4 support to our production solutions, creating processes to detect data anomalies in the BDS, and ensure the BDS platform in whole meets Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
The Senior D/W Software Engineer works to deliver enterprise data assets leading to insightful clinical trial execution, more accurate decisions, to design and deliver better products, more effectively conduct clinical trials, provide deeper insights to our customers, optimize our services operations, supports our production solutions, and create industry leading capabilities utilizing the power of our integrated data assets. To derive “deep science” insights, findings, and outcomes within our enterprise data assets across Bioclinica’s product and service offerings ensuring efficient and effective data and analytics across multiple source systems.
- Facilitate, and drive D/W/data integration business requirements workshops and joint application design sessions. Support the translation of business requirements into ELT/ETL techno-functional requirements.
- Drive the end-to-end solution data movement designs including coding, data quality assessment, remediation design, and system interaction design.
- Owns design for high level and detailed level ELT/ETL design specifications.
- Coordinate with middleware/integration product teams on end-to-end integration solution and development.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile development of data acquisition & movement ELT/ETL solutions supporting the Bioclinica Data Store, MDM, and analytics solutions. Designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting functionality of fault tolerant scalable programs. Manages software versioning.
- Write well-designed, testable, secure code using Informatica PowerCenter & PL/SQL as a member of a highly performant data & analytics development team.
- Perform detailed data analysis to understand source system data and source to target mapping.
- Develop & unit test Informatica ETL data loading processes for optimal performance based upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and business requirements.
- Determine operational feasibility of proposed solution designs.
- Performance tune Informatica ETL mappings and report queries.
- Participate in code reviews as required.
- Identify, recommend, and implement ELT/ETL process and software engineering continuous improvements.
- Manage and coordinate development projects, retrofit, maintain the versioning, and perform the Informatica deployments. Serves as PowerCenter Administrator for production.
- Conducts root cause analysis on application and data issues throughout the life cycle of the project. Triages issues reported by users in production systems. Troubleshoots system failures and assesses root cause. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Provide level 3/4 support on ServiceNow product support tickets. Ensures all daily data load processes have fully executed and triages all failed data loads for successful daily execution.
- Performs software solution capability reviews and presentations with technical and business colleagues as required.
- Communicates effectively with team, stakeholders, and other operations personnel on the successful execution of information systems development & integration deliverables. Effectively escalates issues proactively to ensure timely delivery.
- Participate in internal activities including project implementation estimations, designing, and building industry solutions, mentoring, and guiding junior technical developers and competency development within the D/W Data & Analytics capability.
- Complying with related training programs of development staff (GCP, 21 CFR Part 11, CAPA).
Contributes to team effort by
- Working with internal staff including product/project managers, application teams, business colleagues, consultants and QA/operations support staff to assist with the development of project specifications.
- Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental processes.
- Helping others to achieve results.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by
- Reading, understanding, and adhering to organizational SOPs.
- Reviewing and updating company SOPs related to Data & Analytics Services.
Maintains Technical and Industry Knowledge by
- Maintaining a strong understanding of Data & Analytics / D/W trends and technologies.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the regulatory requirements applicable to software development in clinical trials.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent professional experience required
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience working on data warehousing/management related projects/solutions.
- 3+ years progressive experience in providing technology solutions and services in a global organization.
- Proven 3+ years in software development or programming experience as a Data Warehousing Software Engineer in large-scale ETL/ETL Informatica PowerCenter (v9.1 or higher), PL/SQL & PWX Connectors. 2+ Years hands-on experience using Informatica’s Data Quality Developer, and Data Quality Analyst tool. Tableau, Reltio MDM, SSIS, experience a Plus.
- Proven experience conducting data analysis, profiling, cleansing, exception handling within ELT/ETL D/W processes, matching, ETL business rule implementation, standardization, and quality practices.
- Proven knowledge of Informatica PowerCenter ETL processes, best practices, installation, configuration, and administration.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of PL/SQL programming and relational database design, Snowflake database, Reltio MDM, MS SQL Server and MS-SQL a plus.
- Experience in operationalizing D/W solutions, job scheduling, workflow management, alerts, and notifications.
- Familiarity with Reference Data Management, data transformation, data cleansing and standardization.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of data integration, data quality, data architecture, security and Data Management project life cycle phases, best practices, and processes.
- Understanding of various source system applications and data nuances in healthcare and life sciences solutions.
- Exhibits knowledge across a wide breadth of design and development related technical principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to drive results with an emphasis on reducing cycle time and increasing speed to market of new products.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical design and solution information along with the communications skills to influence management on technical decisions related to business solutions.
- Possesses knowledge about industry best-practices in solution delivery disciplines.
- Knowledge of latest trends in cloud infrastructure and migration application in private/hybrid cloud model.
Additional skill sets:
- Experience working in a fast-paced green field data integration environment with competing priorities, while effectively managing time and project workload expectations.
- A demonstrated passion for the value of enterprise data assets.
- Highly motivated self-starter. A drive to learn and master new technologies, techniques, and data sources. Continuous learning is key to success in this position. Ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical, organizational, verbal communication and business writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, de-bugging skills. Flexible. Adaptable. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, architects, testers, and business colleagues. Proven experience working with team members in a global workforce.
- Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views, features and work epics, themes, stories. Ability to conceptualize and think creatively. Able to take initiative and be innovative. Goal-oriented.
- Ability to maintain professional and positive attitude.
- Understanding of life sciences, pharmaceutical and/or clinical trial terminology is desirable.
- Strong understanding of SDLC best practices within DW/BI practices and excellent at SQL skills.
- Experience working with Informatica Product Support/Professional Services teams and Reltio documentation to resolve complex client requirements and product issues/limitations.
- Ability to define and develop estimates, collaborate on an agile project schedule, and contribute to project plan through documentation of tasks and requirements.
- Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities; flexibility to work USA east-coast based hours.
- Excellent attention and orientation toward meticulous work.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Travel - 0-15%
Lifting - 0-100lbs.
Other - Computer work for long periods of time
This JOB description should not be deemed all-inclusive. Additional requirements and expectations may be assigned. At all times, employees are expected to adhere to company policies and company SOPs.
Bioclinica is an equal opportunity employer. Bioclinica evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status, or any other legally protected characteristic.Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Critical Thinking, Operational Excellence, Organizational Awareness, Results Orientation, Service Orientation