Senior QA Engineer - Test Drive - Contract
Toyota Connected Europe
Sorry, but it’s closed
Who we are
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role
As a Quality Engineer, you will be a part of a highly talented engineering team and participate in test plan design, test case development and execution, and test automation development of distributed software products, systems and services.
We are looking for team members who are creative in solving problems, excited to work in modern technology areas and are ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energised, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative start-up environment.
What you will do:
- Work with TCEU Head of QA to standardise and scale quality practices within a product team
- Design, review, execute and maintain end-to-end system integration and user acceptance scenarios
- Work with the Product team to foster good acceptance criteria and embed quality processes
- Collaborate with other business groups and external teams for end-to-end integration
- Build and maintain automated test frameworks to support new products
- Analyse business and technical requirements and provide feedback to ensure testability of all stories
- Evaluate test coverage and advise on test approach using risk-based model
- Take ownership of CI/CD pipelines including integrating automated tests
Who are you:
- You have broad experience testing software at all layers and applying various testing techniques
- You have experience in estimation, prioritisation and planning/coordination of testing activities in an Agile environment
- You are excellent in setting up and using systems like Jira/Gitlab/Zephyr Enterprise for tracking purposes and ensuring traceability among test cases, code and requirements
- You are fluent in Behaviour Driven Development and frameworks such as Cucumber, JBehave, etc.
- You understand how micro-services work and are fluent in Load/Performance testing
- You have solved several real-life problems using SoapUI, Postman, JMeter or similar tools
- You have experience in both manual and automated testing, and understand how to create the right balance
- You know how to create the right balance between exploratory and automated testing for the product-under-test
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- You show creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- You are a fantastic team player and understand the importance of knowledge sharing
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know.