Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance we help insurers underwrite more accurately and efficiently, delivering fairer prices to their customers.
What working as a Data Scientist at Cytora looks like:
Cytora’s data services team is an interdisciplinary team, and you will be working alongside data engineers, software engineers and other data scientists. The team is responsible for existing live data products and for supporting other teams in creating brand-new products.
Our data products, which are used by international insurers, range from risk predictions, over prioritisation rankings to data integration products. One of the responsibilities of data science in the team is to make sure that new products are reliable and useful for our customers. This involves data exploration, model prototyping, testing and collecting customer feedback, in a ship fast and iterate manner, always with the end-user in mind. It also involves models maintenance and support for other teams as we are the go-to-team for any question related to our data-driven products offering.
As a data scientist at Cytora, your day will start with a team stand-up where we check progress of the streams of work and discuss possible blockers to try to overcome those. You will be discussing the future of our platform in our bi-weekly data roadmap session with your fellow data scientists and data engineers. You will be researching potential new sources of data and assessing its quality and suitability for products and models. You will contribute by researching new techniques and approaches and keep up to date with the scientific literature and share those findings with our monthly data science workshops.
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist.
- Ability to perform exploratory data analysis, draw insights from noisy data when facing open ended problems and impact the future of the product.
- Good understanding of various machine learning approaches, in particular GLMs and gradient boosting methods, but also the trade-offs between machine learning and rules based models.
- Experience with Python and common data science libraries (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, version control (Git) and unix based systems.
- Experience with production environments where data science applications were deployed and served to customers live.
- Experience exploring and manipulating geospatial data and its use on live-deployments.
- Ambition to work in a fast moving environment.
- Willingness to share knowledge with peers, problem-solving and inquisitive mind and a self-starter attitude.
- Communication skills to present technical results in front of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of risk models used in insurance or credit scoring.
- Familiarity with GCP/AWS.
- Willing to get hands-on with engineering tasks.
- Remote working
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
- Flexi hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Mental Health initiative inc CBT counselling
- Team and company event budget
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Platform enables insurers to underwrite more efficiently and deliver fairer prices to their customers. Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world’s most successful technology companies. With a world-class team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling, and strategy, Cytora is powering the future of commercial insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.