Cloud Data Engineer- GCP/BigQuery
Sorry, but it’s closed
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a knowledgeable and talented Cloud Data Engineer-GCP/BigQuery to join our Data Engineering Team. This team works to build data solutions and implement tools to help improve data accuracy and reliability so our customers can make data-driven decisions with confidence. As the Cloud Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of our data lake ensuring reliable data infrastructure and creating data solutions for business partners.
- Drive innovation within Data Engineering by playing a lead role in technology decisions for the future of our data science, analysis, and reporting needs
- Work with business partners and software engineers to gather, understand, and bridge definitions and requirements
- Lead the design and development for highly complex and critical data projects with strict timelines
- Drive efficiency gains through improved reliability and stakeholder adoption of self-serve tools
- Leverage research and previous experience to ensure we’re up to date and continuously exploring
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in our data stack and continues to drive learning advancements for the team
- Provide technical expertise, leadership, and mentor the Data Engineering team in all phases of work including analysis, design, and development of architecture
- Design, build and work with dispersed engineering teams and business users to implement data pipelines into our centralized data platform
- Developing in Python leveraging a wide range of technologies, notably: GCP, BigQuery, Google Pub/Sub, Google DataFlow, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Develop cloud data pipelines to transform and process data between systems
- Maintaining, improving existing continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- 3+ years of development experience building large scale data solutions
- Experience with GCP BigQuery, GCP DataFlow, GCP Pub/Sub, Apache Airflow and Python preferred
- Experience with GitOps in an Infrastructure as Code culture.
- Experienced with Git and common development workflows in Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket
- Experienced with CI/CD declarative pipelines
- Experience with Docker for containerizing applications and workloads
- Experience with Terraform (or related technology) for infrastructure provisioning
- Experience with reporting schema designs including data modeling, denormalization, data warehousing, and data lakes
- Experience with data quality monitoring and alerting on dynamic data sources, including anomaly detection
- Experience with metadata management, data governance, data catalogs, and data discovery
- Proven ability to work closely with business and product teams to ensure data solutions are aligned with business initiatives and are of high quality
- Ability to communicate technical hurdles and challenges clearly and succinctly
- Take problems from inception to completion - own the building, automated testing, deployment, and maintenance of the code that you work on
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”.
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors’ Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
- Please visit AppliedSystems.com
Applied Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.