We are Multiverse, on a mission to create an outstanding alternative to the traditional college and university system, and a radically better approach to corporate training. At the heart of our work is professional apprenticeships. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft. Our footprint in the US is rapidly growing, with equally impressive clients as our partners.
We are fortunate to have some of the best investors in the world backing us, including our recent Series B funding round, led by General Catalyst and featuring GV (Google Ventures), and including Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. We passed a major milestone in raising the largest venture round from a UK EdTech company in history. Other investors include Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, as well as Microsoft Chairman John W. Thompson, 23andMe CEO Anne Wojcicki and Sky Executive Chairman Jeremy Darroch.
Having launched our first international office in NYC, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our delivery team as instructors. As our first Project Management instructor, you will be responsible for delivering our Project Management curriculum to cohorts of apprentices who are working for some of the country's biggest and most exciting brands. You will be working with highly engaged young people as they start their career. If you have drive, ambition and are excited by being part of growing our US business, then come and join us!
(Note: this role can be based remotely anywhere in the US)
The role of the Project Management Instructor at Multiverse
If you love inspiring and teaching others about Project Management, get a buzz from seeing young people develop and learn new skills, and truly care about building the next generation of marketers, this is the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Teach, mentor and coach your apprentices through their 18 month program
- Deliver a mixture of face to face and online sessions with cohorts of apprentices
- Take full responsibility for the progress that your cohorts of young people make through their apprenticeship
- Work with their line managers to understand the needs of their role and how to best support their professional development
- Work internally with Multiverse colleagues to ensure the quality of the program and of our deliver is first class
What you bring:
- Strong knowledge and professional experience in Project Management, ideally with one or more relevant qualifications
- You are completely passionate about teaching and love the detail of developing an effective learning experience
- You have some direct teaching/coaching experience. This could be in the classroom, in a professional environment, or voluntary work
- You are a player-coach: you can provide guidance, support and encouragement harnessing your experience to support people in their careers
- You believe in the principles of applied learning: it’s all about developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours in a way that can be used in a real context, straightaway
- You are all about social mobility. Helping people whatever their background to master the foundations of Project Management
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics)
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in; and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
Multiverse provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Multiverse will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.