Arc XP (www.arcxp.com) is a cloud-based digital experience platform that helps enterprise companies, retail brands and media and entertainment organizations create and distribute content, drive digital commerce, and deliver powerful multichannel experiences. A division of The Washington Post, Arc XP has powered the digital transformation of customers across the globe, currently serving more than 1,500 sites in 25 countries that reach more than 1.5 billion unique visitors monthly.
Built 100% on AWS, the Arc platform follows a microservice architecture. All of our software teams use dev ops to deliver and maintain products. Our processes are lightweight, which allows our teams to innovate quickly to bring new ideas to market. New features and products are deployed to our customer base every day.
Arc XP is a product engineering group at The Washington Post. The Post and other publishers around the world depend on our software as a service platform.
The Arc suite of products provides publishers with the tools they need to author, collaborate on, and publish content to reach and build relationships with readers. Arc is quickly becoming the leader in publishing-focused software development.
We are currently looking for a senior level engineer to join our Europe (Paris, France) based backend engineering team responsible for the system that supports drafting content, publishing it, sharing it between websites, and querying it.
- Collaborate with team members to design and build world-class document storage, validation, retrieval, and querying capabilities.
- Work with other engineering teams at Arc to understand their needs and build platform features that solve complex technical and workflow problems.
- Support production applications using CI/CD practices such as automated builds, deployments and tests.
- Implement and respond to production application monitoring.
- Participate in team agile activities such as story grooming, work estimation, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, etc.
- Share ideas and experiences, ask questions, and strive to remove ambiguity for both oneself and one’s team members.
- Mentor team members in technological and industry best practices.
- Evolve and grow personal skill set by learning new software languages, tools and applications.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years experience building highly scalable customer-facing applications.
- Proficiency with multiple server-side programming languages.
- Experience building applications using event-processing systems and streaming or messaging technologies, such as Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, or SNS.
- Experience developing against, scaling, and maintaining relational databases.
- Experience analyzing application and cloud environment performance.
- Strong advocate for writing tests.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with server-side networking, proxying, and caching.
- Experience building cloud-based web applications.
- Experience implementing continuous-integration tools and patterns.
- Experience developing against, scaling, and maintaining document databases.
- Experience with devops teams that own the full engineering lifecycle.
- Proficiency with Go or Node.js.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.