AceInfo Solutions is currently seeking a Agile Project Manager who has experience working in an Agile and DevOps software development environment for our Federal contract in Kansas City, MO. This position is REMOTE.
Duties & Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for the build-up, coordination, and management of an Agile tiger team focused on AWS migration efforts and other modernization needs for the USDA. This individual will need to manage multiple application development projects, and oversees all aspects of assigned projects and the software application development life cycle. Sets schedules and deadlines, assigns tasks and responsibilities, allocates resources, and monitors and summarizes progress of project in an iterative methodology environment. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, other teams and organizations, contractors, vendors, and others. Prepares weekly project status reports for upper management and sprint reports as needed. Reviews project milestones and products, and is responsible for all deliverables. Implements organization standards and best practices in project execution, and ensures projects are clearly documented and communicated to stakeholders.
- PM will be responsible for the build-up, coordination, and completion of project
- Manages multiple application development projects, and oversees all aspects of assigned projects and the software application development life cycle.
- Sets schedules and deadlines, assigns tasks and responsibilities, allocates resources, and monitors and summarizes progress of project in an iterative methodology environment.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, other teams and organizations, contractors, vendors, and others.
- Prepares project status reports for upper management
- Reviews project milestones and products, and is responsible for all deliverables.
- Implements organization standards and best practices in project execution, and ensures projects are clearly documented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Maintain Azure DevOps (ADO) software with all activities of the team
- Typically requires a bachelor of science degree and 10-12 years of experience including 3-5 years of experience in the agile/IT field or related area
- Experience managing large projects in the IT field or related area
- Expert knowledge of application development (SDLC) from planning and inception through implementation and post-production support
- Strong Agile and DevOps knowledge
- Leadership / Coach / mentoring leadership style
- Possess knowledge and expertise in the use of various delivery methodologies and have a clear understanding of change management techniques
- Experience in project management disciplines including organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks, building a functional team from scratch, and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- The ability to remove blockers that are impending the team and customer success
- Leadership capabilities, team-centric skills and strong solution orientation
- Seeks first to understand then improve processes, relationships and our software deliverables
- Good balance of urgency with long term sustainability
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbally, including in external customer facing situations
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; balancing strategic alignment with technology roadmap and emerging industry trends with practical delivery
- Experience with large enterprise level software development
- Experience with AWS or other CSP migrations from On-Prem to cloud.
- Previous experience working in a Government setting.
- PMP or SM certifications
The proposed salary range for this position is $112,000 to $120,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.