NorthStar Utilities requires a Manager of Project Management who will lead our project management team and our consultants in the implementation of Utility Billing and Client Information Software (CIS) solutions to new and existing clients.
The Manager of Project Management is responsible for overseeing the customer relationships during implementations and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction. The Manager of Project Management is also responsible for project profitability, timely realization of revenue, and ensuring that the project management team and the implementation team members maintain an expected level of billable utilization.
NorthStar collaborates with clients throughout North America and the Caribbean. This is a remote position with a work schedule based on the Eastern Time Zone.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring business targets for Planning, Resource Scheduling and Revenue are achieved for Professional Services
- Booking and balancing project manager and delivery team utilization – ensuring resource load best practices are executed
- Managing project intake from Sales and manage project assignments - ensuring work is planned months in advance and forecast revenue targets are actualized
- Day to day management of project management resources, measuring performance, ensuring all staff maintain high levels of customer service
- Making sure issues are tracked and delays are quickly surfaced so roadblocks can be removed, issues are resolved and projects stay to schedule
- Monitoring the overall performance of the department by tracking and analyzing statistics and trends, providing reporting to the senior Management Team for weekly status meeting
- Driving and improving project management processes and operational efficiency, mentor team understanding, and execution of PM best practices
- Oversee multiple software implementation projects simultaneously
- Monitoring ongoing customer satisfaction - be a point of escalation for project implementation services
- Managing the PM team –provide support and coaching to managers, manage relationship with other groups (internal and external), and manage clients
- Ensuring that processes are in place to identify and capture billable items.
- 3+ years experience with ERP or CIS Software implementations
- 3+ years experience managing a software Project Management Team
- History of successfully leading a team of 7+ people
- 5+ years of direct software Project Management experience
- Experience with the management of risk, change, issues, time, scope, resources, budget and quality.
- Experience managing a P&L and resource utilization
- Experience with a formal project management methodology
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Background in the utility industry. A focus on customer service within the industry is preferable.
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Business, or equivalent experience
- Experience with projects in the Utilities sector
- Understanding of percent complete accounting methodology