RedLine Performance Solutions (RedLine) has been in the HPC solutions engineering services business for over 22 years and is consistently determined to keep the "bar of excellence" quite high for new hires. This enables RedLine to accomplish what other firms cannot and promotes a high level of staff retention. We offer services ranging from full life cycle HPC systems engineering to remote managed services to HPC program analysis. We are looking for the right candidate to join us as a Cloud DevOps Engineer.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will be working on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) Program. The position works in a fast-paced Agile development environment performing installations, configurations, and maintenance of on-premise and cloud infrastructure. This position will also have moderate software engineer responsibilities. EPIC provides acceleration community-developed scientific and technological enhancements into the operational applications, for Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) and improved Research to Operations (R2O), within the Unified Forecast System (UFS).
As a member of the EPIC team you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NOAA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
Candidate must be either a US citizen or a US Permanent Resident (we will not sponsor) and have the ability to obtain a Public Trust security; these are mandatory requirements for this position. This position can be remote or onsite in Riverdale, MD.
This full-time, direct hire position offers a full benefits package including paid time off, 401k match, short and long term disability coverage and PPO health care benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure Jenkins to trigger builds based on GitHub commits from the community, providing a seamless validation experience for the user, to include automated regression testing.
- Evaluate and configure the Cloud platforms to ensure the virtual compute clusters utilize “placement groups” so the underlying hardware is collocated and utilizes an innovative, high-bandwidth connectivity that is “Infiniband-like” (e.g., AWS Elastic Fabric Adapter).
- Oversee monitoring of all Cloud Infrastructure and Platform resources.
- Improving Test Automation /Deployment, System & Security Architecture, Application integration, Agile framework and Pipeline in a Box (PiaB) development.
- Writing, testing, updating, and packaging application codebases.
- Conducting assessments on code baselines and comparing the structure(s) to published code standards.
- Enforcing published code standards in the use of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Migrating support scripts, data models, essential utility libraries to the cloud.
- Overseeing configuration management of datasets deploys to multiple commercial cloud platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- At least 4 years of automated testing experience.
- At least 3 years of experience of application hosting and using Cloud Services in a Commercial Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
- At least 3 years working in Agile-based DevOps environment.
- At least 2 years of conducting 2 or more of the following in an operational environment: (i) Availability, (ii) Latency, (iii) Performance, (iv) Efficiency, (v) Change Management, (vi) Monitoring, (vii) Emergency Response, and (viii) Capacity Planning.
- At least 2 years of full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
- Experience with CICD and infrastructure code solutions such as Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, and Terraform, for configuring and automating application runtimes.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes for automating, scaling, and packaging applications into containers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in preparing IT technical documents.
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes for automating, scaling, and packaging applications into containers.
- Experience using Cloud-based Serverless computing solutions in a Commercial Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience building microservices, and/or refactoring monolith applications into microservices.
To learn more about RedLine please visit our website at www.RedLinePerf.com