Cloud Operations Engineer
Location; Chicago, IL OR Remote US
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven startup named 2021 Best Tech Startups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
Our Cloud Operations Engineers at FourKites are passionate about keeping mission critical cloud systems operating at peak efficiency. They embody this by emphasizing rigorous process and clear, concise communications. They create successful outcomes by responding quickly to incidents and alerts and working to remediate them to maintain SLAs.
Ideally, you’re someone who knows the basics of Infrastructure as Code, but wants to grow those skills by solving real-world operational problems. You have administered systems in the past and know the pitfalls of click-ops and manual work. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be leading it. If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak with you.
- Help scale the Global Cloud Technical Operations team with the strategic implementation of new processes and tools and ensuring our uptime guarantees to Fourkites customer base
- Provide world class 24x7 support, including on call rotation, extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
- Respond to production alerts on the Fourkites platform and assist in the proactive resolution
- Diagnose live incidents, and take the next steps toward resolution
- Drive incident, problem management and root cause analysis within the defined SLAs.
- Automate routine monitoring and troubleshooting tasks
- Enhance our monitoring and alerting solutions
- Partner with development teams to resolve complex issues
- Experience with being on call for any of the roles SRE/DevOps/Cloud Operations/application support engineer
- 1 to 3 years of experience in development/production support experience.
- Experience with an Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform, CloudFormation and/or Azure Resource Manager
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding with Container Platforms Docker K8s, AKS, EKS and ECS
- Strong working experience in New Relic, Signal FX, Data Dog, Cloud Watch, and/or Azure Monitor
- AWS/Azure or any cloud infrastructure working experience
- Good knowledge on unified log management systems like log entries, log stash, ELK, sumo logic & grey log
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast
- Programming experience in Ruby on Rails, python, GoLang or Java is a plus
About the team:
Our product and engineering teams are dedicated to providing the industry’s best-in-class end to end supply chain visibility platform. We are committed to building a high-performing team with software craftsman-thinking who are dedicated to developing and enhancing our core platform, and we want you to be a central part of it!
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.