Software Engineer - Tax Engine, Cash App
Sorry, but it’s closed
Company DescriptionIt all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash app leads financial innovation and continuing in that tradition we are launching a new financial product -- Taxes, into the Cash App ecosystem. As a member of the founding team for this vertical, the ideal person will play a lead in creating the technical requirements, implementing new systems, and integrating existing tax technology into Cash’s infrastructure.
- Play a role in the initial scoping of product requirements for this new product
- Design, build and own projects at scale
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them
- Prioritize maintainable and well-tested code
- Work with stakeholders, including other engineering teams and with customer operations teams
- Contribute to shared technologies, including our open source projects
- 2+ years of software development experience
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer or leader
- Well-developed curiosity and enjoy building creative solutions to complex problems
- Taken technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- AWS, GCP
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.