About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & gen-z through original content, video, and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million millennials per month through our growing brand portfolio which includes; Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
About the Role:
As a core member of our QA team, you'll directly impact the lifeline of the business by maintaining a high bar for quality of our Websites, iOS, Android apps as well as OTT App. You'll own major features, working closely with different disciplines across the company.
In this role you will:
● Build test plans for new features and improvise on existing test plans for feature updates and customer
● Execute tests on our weekly beta releases across desktop, mobile, and emerging platforms such as mobile
● Own feature QA through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
● Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Customer Support
● Identify areas for automation and write automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, reliability and
Some things we consider critical for this role:
● Strong quality sense and experience working closely with mobile and development teams.
● Excellent communication skills and passion for tough technical problems
● Attention to detail and voice of customer experience
● Experience automating end to end UI tests for mobile and web apps.
● Experience in championing customer feedback post-launch and bringing it to the attention of relevant
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent training or work
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
● You are familiar with consumer centric Website, Mobile and App testing.
● You have product intuition and user empathy.
● You enjoy ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
● You understand the importance of test plans and how to approach writing informative bug reports.
● You're self-driven to improve the app experience above and beyond what's outlined in the spec.
● Familiarity with bug reporting systems like Jira and Slack
● Experience with Ad products testing
Details: This is a Full-Time, remote position
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team
that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.