Sorry, but it’s closed
JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the world’s most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month, watched by billions of viewers. A lot of viewers means a lot of data - we process billions of data points a day, and over 3 million data points a minute - all coming from the player itself.
The Data Pipelines team is responsible for processing this data at scale using cutting-edge big data tools and technologies, and providing both the company and our customers with high-quality data to empower strategic, data-driven decision making.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Build distributed batch & real-time pipelines using Spark, Kafka, Flink, and Airflow, with programming languages like Python, Java, and SQL
- Work to efficiently scale our pipelines out as data volume grows
- Go deep on Postgres and Snowflake, driving our data models forward and optimizing our data stores
- Follow industry-standard best practices to ensure data quality and integrity
- Enhance our end-to-end QA infrastructure
- Build and maintain APIs that serve data directly to customers
- Be part of a highly-skilled team that values kindness, open communication, and mentorship
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years relevant experience working with data systems and technologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Fluency in Python and potentially Java
- An exploratory mindset - you are driven to dig deep and develop understanding
- Experience writing unit, functional, and integration tests for your code
- Comfort working in a cloud environment - we use AWS
- A sense of humor and collaborative spirit
- Familiarity with AWS, in particular, EC2, S3, RDS, and EMR
- Understanding of Docker
- Experience with CI/CD tooling and distributed deployments, such as Buildkite
- Experience with Kubernetes
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #SoftwareEngineers #hiring #usjobs #EngineeringJobs