Overview of Position
At ButterflyMX, we’ve built a complete property access solution, providing a secure, convenient, and affordable way to manage and grant access on the go. Installed in more than 5,500 buildings, we empower staff and residents to open doors, gates, and elevators from a smartphone — ensuring they never miss a visitor or delivery. Our products are easy to install and cut costs by eliminating building wiring and in-unit hardware. They also save time by integrating with popular access control and property management systems.
ButterflyMX Quality team is looking for a Senior Test Engineer/Software Developer in Test who is mastered in development of best practices and has provided test solutions for complex systems. A transformative engineer to drive towards Continuous integration and continuous development by keeping quality and customer satisfaction to the highest category.
New York City, NY or Remote
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build an automated testing framework and tools
- Partner with the Development team to breakdown tests and development strategies to achieve low-cost automation (Unit, integration, and contract testing)
- Work with various teams to implement test best practices and embedded quality processes within the development
- Perform code review and participate in architectural review discussions
- Implement and participate in CI/CD processes
- Manage and set up unit and integration test automation tools and technique
- Believe in continuous improvement and continuous development by improving unit and integration testing frameworks
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to various functional applications
- Expert in debugging and diagnosing issues in QA or Production environments
- Perform programming tasks to support and create automation test frameworks
Qualifications and Skills:
- Broad knowledge and awareness of the quality process, shift left QA approach, agile and DevOps software development processes
- Experience working directly with developers to participate in code review and a contributor in software development
- 3+ years experience in coding in at least one high-level programming language.
- Technically strong to drive strategic growth within the Quality and Development organization
- Great knowledge and experience in analytics, debugging, and troubleshooting various tools and debugging platforms
- 2+ Experience in Electron and Linux
- Containerization experience targeting Docker and Kubernetes
ButterflyMX offers comprehensive medical, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, PTO, work-life balance, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
ButterflyMX is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the US.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to let the recruiter you are working with know.